What is A.B.A.T.E. of Minnesota?
Or Call 1-800-224-6570
American Bikers for Awareness, Training, & Education of Minnesota (A.B.A.T.E.) is an organization made up of motivated individuals who are dedicated to FREEDOM OF THE ROAD & FREEDOM OF CHOICE!
A.B.A.T.E. of Minnesota is a not-for-profit, grass roots organization that is committed to educating motorcyclists and the general public about motorcycling. A.B.A.T.E. feels that all of us, from the street rider, to the off-road fan, to a non-rider with a strong interest in motorcycling an opportunity to unite and become part of a strong motorcycle organization. A.B.A.T.E. members ride many different types and brands of motorcycles. We are all brothers and sisters with a common interest – riding free and the right to choose. The fact that we share an interest in motorcycling is more im-portant than the type of motorcycle we ride or if you ride. Our ability to enjoy many freedoms while riding motorcycles in Minnesota is the direct result of people joining together to fight for our rights and freedoms. The efforts of these people have made Minnesota a leader in motorcycle safety. We have one of the toughest licensing standards in the nation, the best public awareness programs and the most comprehensive rider education programs in the nation. These efforts have helped reduce motorcycle accidents, injuries and fatalities, in spite of the growing number of licensed motorcyclists in Minnesota.
A.B.A.T.E. of Minnesota has many types of members
Some of our members enjoy being very active within their local chapters or at a state level. While other members join A.B.A.T.E. for its social functions and events, others folks have joined to keep informed about issues, through our monthly publication “Road Noise” and special alert mailings, that would affect the current freedoms that we have while riding in Minnesota. No matter what your level of interest is, we’re sure that you will find A.B.A.T.E. of Minnesota both informative and interesting. Membership is open to anyone interested in promoting freedom of choice, no matter what type of motorcycle you ride or whether or not you ride a motorcycle.
- To act as a watch-dog group to help protect the rights of MN motorcyclists.
- To encourage and promote favorable legislation for motorcyclists.
- To promote safe and responsible riding habits through training and education to reduce accidents and fatalities.
- To keep members informed about political, safety, and legislative issues pertinent to motorcyclists through our monthly publication “Road Noise”, and local chapter meetings.
- To promote the positive aspects of motorcycling through events, organized rides, contests, the media and community action projects.
- To promote public awareness of motor-cyclist on the roadways by participating in the “Share the Road” program.
- To encourage motorcycle enthusiasts to register and vote to insure that you have a voice in the political process.